Forums / General Discussion / stupid pop bands

stupid pop bands

Python · 3 replies

stupid pop bands
Python
18 years ago
Dec 4, 2005 - 6:45pm
OK, so I've done quite some researsh on a girl band called Sha-Na (see my reply in the triplets post). This is one of those bands that constantly released singles that were recorded one at a time. For every single they went into the studio, had a new photo-shoot, a new hairdue... After about 5 or 6 hit singles they would record some filler material and release a full album.
Now, Sha-Na had four different line-ups of which (to my knowledge) only 1 line-up released a full album that only has songs on it by just that 1 line-up. Then there was a 'best of' of the first two line-ups and finally an album with songs of the last two line-ups.

So what do you think, should I send in the full albums or should I just send in 4 singles, one of every lineup? I think sending in the singles looks 'nicer' in the database. I already submitted a full album but that was before I found out it was a multiple line-up album. So I'd rather delete that album and start over again.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 4, 2005 - 8:13pm
The more the merrier, I say.
I'd do the singles
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Dec 4, 2005 - 8:52pm
If it's a "singles" band, then do the singles first, the albums then look after themselves. If they're an albums band, then the albums take precedence, as the singles are only really promos for those albums and the lineups are easier to infer from those of the albums. That's how I prefer to work, anyway.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Dec 4, 2005 - 10:56pm
I would send in everything eventually, but start with whatever's easier to deal with.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005