Forums / General Discussion / Parent / Offspring in same ban...

Parent / Offspring in same band

Matt Westwood · 12 replies

Parent / Offspring in same band
Matt Westwood
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2014 - 2:41pm
We have Rick Wakeman and Oliver Wakeman who have both been in both Yes and Strawbs (at different times).

Are there any other parents whose offspring have followed a similar career path?
···
pin_punk
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2014 - 3:13pm
If you're looking for them being in the same band *at different times*, thus discounting the obvious (Wolfgang Van Halen in Van Halen, Zak Starkey in Ringo's All Starr Band) then I can only think of Jay Weinberg temporarily replacing Max in the E Street Band. But they're actually 6 steps apart in the db as Jay never recorded with them.
···
scott
9 years ago
Jul 2, 2014 - 5:14pm
As for parents/offspring in a band at the same time:

Bruce/Jamie Watson in Big Country

is one.
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jul 3, 2014 - 3:45am
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jul 3, 2014 - 3:47am
[www.bandtoband.com] has had an uncle/nephew duo in the band for most of the past 30 years.
···
shakinghell
9 years ago
Jul 3, 2014 - 10:31am
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jul 3, 2014 - 5:35pm
A few years ago, B2B contributor Alex Craig almost connected [www.cdbaby.com] to the database. He and his dad play on that album, although only one of them was a member.
···
Matt Westwood
9 years ago
Jul 3, 2014 - 10:24pm
You've also got the Waterson / Carthy clan, as exemplified by:
[www.bandtoband.com]
... which is very much a family affair.
···
pin_punk
9 years ago
Jul 4, 2014 - 6:58am
···
Matt Westwood
9 years ago
Sep 11, 2014 - 9:06pm
I'll see you and raise you this:
[en.wikipedia.org]

"Dockery is a jazz singer. She sang at the 50th Anniversary of Ronnie Scott's Jazz club in London and has occasionally sung with Sadie and the Hotheads, a band formed by Elizabeth McGovern, who plays her mother in Downton Abbey."
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Oct 19, 2014 - 9:41pm
Paul and Nic are father and son:
[www.bandtoband.com]

Additionally, in one of the articles I used as a source the singer said her partner was the brother of Paul's wife. So the band completes an odd family circle.
···
Python
9 years ago
Dec 14, 2014 - 12:09am
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Feb 6, 2015 - 4:17pm
There's the Eddie Shaw & The Wolf Gang entry with father and son, recently tinkered with in the easy questions thread.

I also recently queued up The Sinatra Family Wish You A Merry Christmas, giving us Frank Sinatra US 1 & 2 accordingly. I think Nancy's vocal cords turned out best though, haha.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005