Nikki Sixx

misterpomp · 5 replies

Nikki Sixx
misterpomp
18 years ago
Jul 3, 2005 - 3:50pm
... is listed as "Franklin Carlton Serafino Ferrana". Now, as impressive as that name is for such a dude as Mr. Sixx, why not just Frank Ferrana? Just trying to understand why we've got birth certificate accuracy for the Crue frontman but lots of 'Mick's instead of 'Michael's, 'Bill's instead of 'William's etc floating about the dB??
Re: Nikki Sixx
Mark
18 years ago
Jul 3, 2005 - 10:28pm
I have to admit that I get a kick out of going super formal on the people who pick the most bizzare stage names. In that case though, I just took it right off the official Motley Crue web page.
A Man Named Nikki
Kevin
18 years ago
Jul 4, 2005 - 6:25am
I'd have to agree with MP here and go with a simple first / last name presentation which would allow us to standardize on that format and only add middle names in the case of either the artist is always using the middle name or if we need to clarify the difference between two people.

Kevin
Re: Nikki
Mark
18 years ago
Jul 4, 2005 - 6:03pm
Yeah, I like consistency too. I switched all four Motley Cruesters to first/last names. If anyone spots any others, please report them in the Complete Shambles forum and I'll knock them out. We're also trying to get full cover artwork without those terrible "Parental Advisory" stickers on them, so if any of you see those in our tree (we know that there are lots of them), please let us know and we'll find or make a cleaner image.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Jul 4, 2005 - 10:35pm
I know I've submitted one or two cover art pieces with "Parental Advisory" on them because that was actually printed in the original cover art rather than being applied later as a sticker, so there isn't a better image available.
Cynical marketing ploy
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Jul 5, 2005 - 7:00am
Some bands (probably) put their own Parental Advisory labels on the things as a deliberate marketing ploy. I know I did something similar for my "Do Not Wash" release: "This CD contains gross obscenity and deliberately offensive concepts."
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005