longest career

bgzimmer · 25 replies

···
Mark
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2020 - 3:32pm
I also added a 1962 limited run Rolling Stones acetate for consideration. In addition to extending their recording career, it feature an otherwise undocumented (here) lineup.
···
bgzimmer
2 years ago
Mar 9, 2022 - 9:20pm
If we could only get the Isley Brothers in, they'd easily beat the Stones for longevity. I think they're currently at 64 or 65 years (1957-2021).

[www.billboard.com]
···
Ruiter
2 years ago
Mar 25, 2022 - 12:03am
I’ve added the new Temptations record, which expands their recording career to 60 years.
···
Bloopy
1 year ago
May 30, 2022 - 11:59am
I realised I made my first recording at about 3 months younger than what Malone did. I'm obliged to still be alive and recording my goofy noise at age 97 to try and beat the record. I guess a bunch of other youngsters out there are working towards it too, but whether they're documented in B2B is another matter.
···
Ruiter
1 year ago
Jun 13, 2022 - 6:27pm
I’ve added Marshall Allen’s earliest recording (presumably). which will move him past the 70 year barrier.
···
Mark
10 months ago
Jun 13, 2023 - 6:55am
[www.bbc.com] :

Sir Paul McCartney says he has employed artificial intelligence to help create what he calls "the final Beatles record".

He told BBC Radio 4's Today programme the technology had been used to "extricate" John Lennon's voice from an old demo so he could complete the song.

"We just finished it up and it'll be released this year," he explained.

Sir Paul did not name the song, but it is likely to be a 1978 Lennon composition called Now And Then.
···
Ruiter
7 months ago
Sep 6, 2023 - 8:06am
The upcoming new Stones album is in queue.
More Beatles
Mark
5 months ago
Nov 5, 2023 - 8:11pm
[www.reddit.com] has the full credits of the new Beatles song, along with this complicating tidbit:

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but they did take some vocals from Sun King or Because which included George for backing harmonies. So there's some George vocals along with the rythym guitar
This is correct. Giles Martin said he used “Because”.

He said that there is a tone that was unique to the harmonies the three of them had. Paul was initially apprehensive about using another song to fill in blanks, but it was the right key, so minimal editing had to be done and it included G and J more, so they went with it.

----------

[www.smithsonianmag.com] :

The song includes backing vocals from the original recordings of “Here, There and Everywhere,” “Eleanor Rigby” and “Because.”
···
Bloopy
3 months ago
Dec 31, 2023 - 10:22pm
Henry Kaiser seemingly has a recording from when he was about 3, meaning a 68 year career for a 71 year old. Could be difficult to beat if we add this!

[www.discogs.com]

The Discogs editor wrote: "this is a very young Henry Kaiser with his family, like a Christmas Card record. Little info online but I bought this record from a friend of Henry's who told me the story behind the record."

I thought "The Kaiser Jr's" might refer to the kid only, but it's because his Dad was Henry J. Kaiser Jr. and it looks like it's a trio. There's an earlier one from when he was 2 and that pictures just him and his parents. Though we're probably much less inclined to count talking:
[www.ebay.com]
"He also does little two year old voice overs, he reads the Lord's Prayer!"

Question is whether a 3 year old intentionally participated in the band, haha.
The Quarrymen
pin_punk
1 month ago
Feb 26, 2024 - 7:15am
A marker for when the Stats page comes back - I *think* that when this goes live it will give The Quarry Men the longest career in the db. If my maths is right they'll be a year ahead of the Stones.
[bandtoband.com]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005