Forums / General Discussion / Latest Additions possible chan...

Latest Additions possible change

Kevin ยท 3 replies

Latest Additions possible change
Kevin
19 years ago
Apr 23, 2005 - 5:58am
What would people think about having the Latest Addition feature changing from functioning as a linking option to simply going to the band's particular page? Now that the band page has a family tree involved and there is more to look at it would seem like the logical thing to do. Obviously it is a change in the way things operate which people sometimes are opposed to just because it is different but I think it would make more sense to the novice user. You click on a new band name and you see what their story is. That's what I really want to happen when I see a new band listed, not see how it connects to some other band.

Kevin
New bands
KateUK
19 years ago
Apr 23, 2005 - 8:57am
Yep, that's what I would like to happen. Currently I see a new band I'm interested in, and either type their name straight in the seach box or click on it plus something else at random on the latest additions list, just to get where you describe.

Kate
Agree completely
Matt Westwood
19 years ago
Apr 23, 2005 - 9:41am
Hate to say it but the chain-of-links feature is becoming secondary to the family-tree nature of this site. Ain't complaining, nosirree
Done
Kevin
19 years ago
Apr 23, 2005 - 7:32pm
I agree that the chain program is almost secondary at this stage (actually it's been secondary for me for some time now) so I'm glad that people aggree on changing the Latest Additions function. I'll switch it now.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005