Forums / General Discussion / Is this thing on?

Is this thing on?

pkasting · 3 replies

Is this thing on?
pkasting
7 years ago
Mar 30, 2016 - 10:10am
I would say that rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated, but I don't think there ever were any. But it's still nice to see you all again for the first time in awhile. I even threw some albums into my queue again.

What have I missed, not really hanging around much for the last... what... 10 years?

Edit: Deleted a question here that was dumb and I answered for myself. :D
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2016 - 4:22am
Ahoy there. Given I'm currently wading through and verifying queue entries from 2006, it'd be easy to say that nothing happened during that time. :P The tree and the queue both grew much bigger. I've had wiki access since 2009, but didn't find the time to get properly interested until 5 years later.
···
Mark
7 years ago
Apr 1, 2016 - 5:42pm
Welcome back, PK. You can see that the look of the site has changed very little. I'm not as fast as I used to be with the shambles, in part because there are some problems with the nuts and bolts of the site (but Kevin is working on that bit by bit), so sometimes I just have to add shambles to a list of things to do later.

Some of the rules are different and some are gone, but things are generally the same. I think though that we've shifted farther toward recognizing bands' own statements about band membership whenever possible. And I think there's more of a recognition that reasonable people can disagree on things, which means that (assuming that we're all reasonable here) often all you need to do is convince two verifiers, instead of the whole crew, of your view.
···
pkasting
7 years ago
Apr 2, 2016 - 4:02am
Well, as you can see I've been posting lots of question threads about how we do certain things -- I'm a little rusty on all this stuff at the moment. Hopefully if I stick around for a while I'll get more confident again. People have been helpful so far about pointing out changes and new features.

In the meantime, I'm slightly amazed that some of you guys are still plugging away at this after all these years. That's dedication!
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005