Forums / General Discussion / i'm saves the day's new drumme...

i'm saves the day's new drummer... where's the love?!

elvisdechico · 5 replies

i'm saves the day's new drummer... where's the love?!
elvisdechico
13 years ago
Sep 22, 2011 - 2:43am
hey, guys! i love your site, and i've always wanted to get in the database, but i've never been in a connected band... until now! boom!

so, i'll tell you the whole story and you tell me if i can cross "get on bandtoband.com" off my bucket list.

in 2009, spencer peterson joined saves the day.

in april of 2010, spencer tracked the drums, and then quit. the band continued tracking the rest of the record without him.

around july of 2010, i joined the band as the new drummer, and tracked the percussion.

in 2011, the record was officially released, listing me as a member (in big letters), and listing spencer (in smaller font, down the list) as having played the drums.

so, what's the verdict??

if you guys will let me join the family, i've got about a dozen members of my old bands that would just as stoked as me to be able to say that they're connected to david lee roth.

- claudio rivera
···
Python
13 years ago
Sep 22, 2011 - 7:30am
Hi there, we used the information we could find online to determine who played on Daybreak. This article [fenwayrecordings.com] says you joined after the album was completed; that's why we assumed you aren't on it.

Do you happen to have a scan of the liner notes that we can add to our sources? I couldn't find one online.
···
scott
13 years ago
Sep 22, 2011 - 1:12pm
Assuming the story you give is correct, we should have two lineups, one with each drummer.
···
elvisdechico
13 years ago
Sep 24, 2011 - 7:17am
yeah, the official narrative from our management's bio is that i joined after, but i assure you that i was there for the tracking of percussion and vocals. :)

i don't have a way to scan it, but here's how allmusic.com interpreted the credits in the booklet: [allmusic.com]

it seems rules 2, 2a, and 2b are what are to be considered. i've given you all the details, now i'll leave it up to you guys.

make the right choice ;)

take care!
- claudio

ps: if i get added to the database, how do i officially submit my previous bands' albums?
···
Mark
13 years ago
Sep 24, 2011 - 12:39pm
Welcome to the family!

[www.bandtoband.com]

You can email help@bandtoband.com or post submissions here if you'd like. If you can, please let us know the full band name, album title, year of original release, record labels, and members who participated on each release. We'll track down the artwork and other details, but if the release is obscure, it would be great if you could also point us in the direction of a band or label web site that might have that information. Thanks for reaching out to us.
···
elvisdechico
13 years ago
Sep 25, 2011 - 11:10pm
badass! :)
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005