Forums / General Discussion / How can I collaborate?

How can I collaborate?

brincher · 14 replies

How can I collaborate?
brincher
6 years ago
Jan 14, 2018 - 5:07am
I know some bands [important ones, I should say] that are not featured here. How do I suggest them? I mean, what is the right place to do it on the forum?
Thanks in advance.
···
Mark
6 years ago
Jan 22, 2018 - 3:57pm
Brincher, please log out and then log back in. Once you do that, you should be able to access [www.bandtoband.com] and start adding suggestions to the queue so other contributors can review and verify them. There's an instruction link at the top.

It's possible that some of your suggestions are already waiting in our queue, which has more than 21,000+ entries that haven't yet made it to the live database. Things move slowly around here, but it's fun.
Link goes to different page
TommyRhodeen
6 years ago
Jan 27, 2018 - 4:56am
Instead of a way to add suggestions

- [www.bandtoband.com] -

shows an example of a tree, starting with

Fuel
Angry Son split
1992 · A

and extending to

Struggle
s/t
1992 · A

That's even after logging out and back in.
···
Mark
6 years ago
Jan 31, 2018 - 2:39am
TommyRhodeen, please also log out and back in again to make the link work as I described it. We also got your email, so I'll start queuing up those entries.
···
skeely
5 years ago
Oct 14, 2018 - 9:49am
I have created a forum account, logged out and in again, but have the same experience as TommyRhodeen. Is a forum account the same as a wiki account?
···
Mark
5 years ago
Oct 18, 2018 - 5:05am
Skeely, you should now have wiki access. Can you try logging out and in again?
Access to Submissions
scottmoul
4 years ago
May 2, 2019 - 1:10pm
Hello. I'd also like access to wherever I may submit suggestions.

Thanks!
···
Mark
4 years ago
May 8, 2019 - 6:02pm
Scottmoul, please log out and then log back in. Once you do that, you should be able to access [www.bandtoband.com] and start adding suggestions to the queue so other contributors can review and verify them. There's an instruction link at the top.
How do I remove my name from a band?
pmk000
4 years ago
May 13, 2019 - 10:50am
This website lists me (Patrick Kennedy) as a member of Hose.got.cable. I wasn't in that band, How to I get my name removed?
···
Mark
4 years ago
May 13, 2019 - 5:35pm
Hi Pat,

I grew up off West Ox Road and used to see Reston bands' tapes at Record Convergence. I have heard the song "Hostile Environment" many times (but not any other HE songs, unfortunately).

I heard you talk about Hose.Got.Cable in [www.podomatic.com] which once had the following sentence in the description: "He also played bass with Hose.Got.Cable, another Richmond band known for bringing new types of rhythms into their special brand of post-punk/hardcore music."

But we actually included you as a band member based on two other things.

1. [glabrescent.rssing.com] is a 2006 Chris Wade interview:

NS: What was the deal with Patrick Kennedy's role in the band?

CW: Pat was alot of things: roadie, manager, accountant, devils advocate.

NS: Was he considered a member or not?

CW: Yeah, I guess so. Inquisition had Trey, AVAIL had Beau Beau and we had Pat. I don't think we gave Pat enough credit back then, actually. Pat could've been even more of an asset. He wanted to help us get bigger by contacting labels and getting us on bigger bills with bigger bands. For whatever reason we didn't do those things and Pats role became unnecessary.

NS: How'd he end up singing "2616"?

CW: We just gave him one song to sing live. People loved it and he loved doing it. He would freak out and have these seizures.

-----

2. The double 7" packaging also seemed like a slam dunk for the standards we usually use. Scroll down to the bottom for a member list that doesn't separate you from the others: [www.bandtoband.com]
···
timk11
4 years ago
Jul 18, 2019 - 12:29am
Hi Mark. I have the same issue as skeely. Is there a separate link to register a wiki account as opposed to a forum account?
···
Mark
4 years ago
Jul 19, 2019 - 7:15pm
Nope. You should be good to go, and I'll paste my standard blurb below. If you have any questions, let us know.

Please log out and then log back in. Once you do that, you should be able to access [www.bandtoband.com] and start adding suggestions to the queue so other contributors can review and verify them. There's an instruction link at the top.
···
timk11
4 years ago
Jul 20, 2019 - 12:57am
All good now. Thanks!
···
egolise
3 years ago
Jun 5, 2020 - 8:41pm
Hi, can I also request access to the wiki to add suggestions. I've got a few bands/albums to add to existing trees. Thanks.
···
Mark
3 years ago
Jul 4, 2020 - 1:11am
Hi Egolise,

We have certain aspects of the site on hold as we move to an upgraded system. Would you be able to post proposed additions in [www.bandtoband.com] for now?
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005