Forums / General Discussion / Cool Site + Additions

Cool Site + Additions

downliner · 4 replies

Cool Site + Additions
downliner
17 years ago
Mar 14, 2007 - 5:33am
Hi All,

I've just found this site today through Google (Page 2 on a search for "ju ju hounds") ~ it's a great site, cant stop tracing bands :-P

Im not sure if I made my additions currently? I emailed webmaster[AT]bandtoband[dot]com with the stage name, real name, album title, record label, year released, link to album art, link to 3rd party references

I've submitted 5 new albums for Izzy Stradlin (Jeffrey Isbell) which opens up leads with Ian 'Mac' MacLagan (Faces/Stones), Taz Bentley (Burden Brothers), Rick Richards (Georgia Satelittes), Duff McKagan (Gn'R)... If these have been submitted correctly I will start adding more :-)

Cheers,
Will
Email
Kevin
17 years ago
Mar 14, 2007 - 5:01pm
Will,

I sent you and email about the Izzy submissions. Take a look at that when you get a chance and let me know if you have any questions about the Rules involved. Thanks.

Kevin
···
downliner
17 years ago
Mar 14, 2007 - 5:34pm
Hi Kevin,

I got your email thanks :) I have sat and read the rules again however I still don't fully understand them all. This is where I get confused:

The album is released under the artist name: "Izzy Stradlin"

On the album though Izzy Stradlin (real name: Jeffrey Isbell) appears as "Izz".

You wrote in the email: "According to our Rules Izzy Stradlin is a solo artist and therefore can only be a single member band."

Because he doesn't appear under the name Izzy Stradlin on his solo albums, I believe "Izzy Stradlin" is to be considered the band name ~ The lineup remains pretty constant throughout all "Izzy Stradlin" albums with Izzy Stradlin (appearing as Izz), Rick Richards (appearing as Rick) and Taz Bentley (appearing as Taz).

Can you provide some more insight into this as I'd love to start participating some more :-)

Cheers,
Will
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Mar 14, 2007 - 11:46pm
Will : this would disagree with you (an insert from 'Like A Dog' if I understand correctly):
[www.scootersteez.com]
What look like some pretty well reproduced credits here also seem to see the man credited in full: [www.heretodaygonetohell.com]

He might be referred to sometimes as Izz from what I can see but never to the exclusion of his full stage name. Even if we could find one of those - I think we'd need to look at the intent - I really don't think there's an intention to create a band called 'Izzy Stradlin' that has any degree of separation from the artist himself in any of those albums.
Agreed
Kevin
17 years ago
Mar 16, 2007 - 12:02am
I agree with MrP on this and he probably verbalized it better than I had. Let us know if you're still having problems with the Rules, the Izzy albums would definitley be good additions even if just as solo albums.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005