Confusion

Python · 3 replies

Confusion
Python
18 years ago
Sep 2, 2005 - 4:15pm
Earlier this year I sent in the album Deuce by Beautiful Creatures. The (recording) lineup was
- Alex Grossi
- Anthony Focx
- Joe LeSte
- Kenny Kweens
- Matt Starr

Initially the album was only released in Japan. After it's release, Grossi and Starr left the band. For the US release, about half a year after the initial release, the band decided to record some additional songs. The lineup features BC alumni Michael Thomas and Glen Sobel with additional guitars by new guitarist Mark Simpson (who was also in Flotsam And Jetsam, so that would be an interesting shortcut). The lineup can be verified here:

[www.spitfirerecords.com]

Now, Michael Thomas was once a member of BC, although he hadn't recorded with them before. However, he did help out the band for a couple of live shows after Grossi left. In the interview below he makes it clear he had no intentions of re-joining the band. I assume they didn't have a drummer at the time of recording the new songs and asked Glen Sobel, who drummed on their first album.

Interview with Thomas:
[www.metalsludge.tv]

The band pictures of the US release are those of the current lineup (www.beautifulcreatures.net):
- Mark Simpson
- Anthony Focx
- Joe LeSte
- Kenny Kweens
- Timmy Russell

From all the stuff I've read Russell doesn't seem to appear on any of the recordings.

What does everybody think? Should a second lineup be added to the 'Deuce'-entry in the database? And who should be in the lineup? My vote would go to
- Mark Simpson
- Anthony Focx
- Joe LeSte
- Kenny Kweens
···
Mark
18 years ago
Sep 2, 2005 - 4:39pm
Based on all that you've said here, I agree with your conclusion. Quick question--do you know if the U.S. version has the exact same album cover? It would be nice to document these as separate releases, but there's almost no point if they have the same year and cover.
···
Python
18 years ago
Sep 2, 2005 - 5:03pm
Yep, the exact same cover.

www.beautifulcreatures.net
···
Mark
18 years ago
Sep 3, 2005 - 12:18am
I added the second lineup and threw in a Flotsam And Jetsam album to make things more fun.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005