Forums / General Discussion / Band site links to here...

Band site links to here...

misterpomp · 11 replies

Band site links to here...
misterpomp
18 years ago
Oct 8, 2006 - 1:07pm
Google Tricks
Kevin
17 years ago
Oct 19, 2006 - 7:57pm
You can get a big list of sites that link to B2B by going to Google and in the search box typing:

link:www.bandtoband.com

I wish there were more but I'm glad at least we're in:

[en.wikipedia.org]
"Band To Band, links any band to any other band using albums, similar to the Kevin Bacon game"

Kevin
Kevin Bacon
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Oct 20, 2006 - 5:34am
Hah, that's funny you posted that, I just checked that Wikipedia page out the other day and noticed B2B was linked there.

Also recently, a couple of hardcore message boards I post at (specifically the Long Island hardcore scene forum and the forums over at Bridge 9 Records' website) have had topics about B2B (that were actually not made by me). Seems word about the site is getting around.

I'm not going to lie though - occasionally I do type in "bandtoband.com" into Google to see what comes up and exactly how much press the site has gotten.

Also, I have b2b linked from my weekly radio show's website too.
6 Degrees
Kevin
17 years ago
Oct 22, 2006 - 9:46pm
A fun side note, when I put the site live neither Mark nor myself made any note of it anywhere online. I told someone who then posted it on hardcore message board somewhere and the word got out from there. I should have kept all those initial log files so we could trace the exact expansion of knowledge about the site as it propigated out there. We could then have a B2B style tree of how people found out about B2B.

Kevin
···
Mark
17 years ago
Oct 22, 2006 - 10:22pm
Another fun fact: the Oracle of Bacon ( [oracleofbacon.org] ) originated at the same place that b2b did--the University of Virginia's Computer Science department.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Oct 23, 2006 - 3:12am
Out of curiousity, how did everyone that posts/contributes here find out about B2B (besides Mark and Kevin, obviously)? I personally read about it in February from one of the staff members of the site/webzine that used to be Punkrocks.net before it shut down a few months ago. They actually posted it as a news blog and I checked it out from there.
Word of mouth
Matt Westwood
17 years ago
Oct 23, 2006 - 4:46am
... or technically, word of email from a friend, dunno how she got into it ...
···
bgzimmer
17 years ago
Oct 23, 2006 - 6:56pm
I think I first found out about it via Stumbleupon in Feb. '05...

[www.stumbleupon.com]

I remember being impressed by the original map:

[bandtoband.com]

How come that's not linked anywhere now?
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Oct 27, 2006 - 2:29am
I remember that original map from when I first started coming here back in February. I'd completely forgotten about it until now.
···
Python
17 years ago
Oct 28, 2006 - 9:02am
Someone on the L.A. Guns message board posted about this site. I then started to submit everything L.A. Guns related and I'm still here :)
···
peter j
17 years ago
Dec 13, 2006 - 2:38pm
I came across this site by accident whilst trying to find a link to bands who had recorded as other than themselves - like Fleetwood Mac recording as Earl Vince and the Valiants. I've "wasted" a good few hours since then. What a wonderful site and a great idea.
Finding B2B
KateUK
17 years ago
Dec 31, 2006 - 10:39am
I found the site because someone on the Georgia Satellites Yahoo group mentioned it. I think they were amused about how few steps it took to link Georgia Satellites to Kiss or some such thing. Of course having found it I had to link in all my favourite bands such as Dogs D'Amour, Hanoi Rocks and all related bands. And even Van Der Graaf Generator. (Yeah well I've got wide-ranging musical taste). And I mentioned it to other people on various forums. And I told Matt because I knew that it would be right up his street.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005