bgzimmer
1 year ago
Jan 23, 2023 - 9:31pm
...is missing.
···
Bloopy
1 year ago
Jan 24, 2023 - 4:00pm
We arrived at the policy of only ticking solo artist if the band name matched the lone member's alias exactly. So rather than a checkbox, the site could figure it out automatically via that criteria.

It'd be good to be able to send them live with no prior verification (as before) if that's still cromulent.
···
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Jan 25, 2023 - 7:05pm
Ah, sorry, I missed that. Was that discussed here or on the staging site?
···
Bloopy
1 year ago
Jan 26, 2023 - 4:25am
No, I'm referring to how we did things for years on the old site (at least as I understood it). In the case where the member alias didn't match the band name, we'd untick solo if someone had ticked it.

For example, I didn't use a ||Monsieur Le Docteur Ralph alias on this so I didn't tick solo. It just seemed like more of a throwaway project name than an adopted pseudonym:
[bandtoband.com]

So based purely on band name and lone member name/alias, the new site could determine whether we considered an entry "solo" or just a band that happened to have one member.
Correct
Kevin
1 year ago
Jan 30, 2023 - 10:15am
If my memory serves, no longer using the solo box was correct. It doesn't serve much use on the backend anyway as we never really do anything with that designation any way.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Jan 30, 2023 - 8:33pm
To Bloopy's point, it would be great if solo artist releases could still just require one verification.
Excellent
Kevin
1 year ago
Feb 1, 2023 - 1:00pm
Very good idea. I'll add that to my list.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005