Forums / Feature Request / [x] member album links

[x] member album links

bgzimmer · 5 replies

[x] member album links
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Dec 16, 2022 - 11:30pm
A few potential tweaks for the display of album links under band members on edit pages:

* Live album edit page: We don't need to list the live album itself as one of the linked albums for each member.
* Wiki/live album edit page: Include release years (didn't we used to do this?)
* Saved album page (after saving a new album or making an edit): Member album links could be displayed here too -- it's nice to have a visual confirmation that you've entered the right members.
···
bgzimmer
1 month ago
Aug 2, 2024 - 9:03am
Another thing... We limit the display of live albums under band members to two per band, and then do the same for wiki albums. Could we loosen up the display of wiki albums and not cap them at two per band (which I think used to be the case)? It's useful to see all the linked wiki albums since sometimes there's some key connectivity that can't be seen if it's limited to two albums per band. (This is especially true for as long as we don't have the "depends on" view on wiki album pages.)
In Progress
Kevin
1 week ago
Sep 10, 2024 - 9:35pm
I'm currently putting these suggestions into place. Question though:

* Wiki/live album edit page: Include release years (didn't we used to do this?)

I'm currently seeing this in place. Are you seeing something different? I know the request is a year old now so might have added that feature in the meantime.

Kevin
Done
Kevin
1 week ago
Sep 11, 2024 - 9:17am
I think.

I've expanded the number of live albums per band displayed to 3 (up from 2) and uncorked all the queued releases so they're all displayed now. It's also now displayed on the save album page. The self-referencing link on live albums has also been removed.

Let me know if I've missed anything.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
1 week ago
Sep 13, 2024 - 12:30pm
Looking good! For release years, I was suggesting including them in the album links under member names. So e.g. here:

[bandtoband.com]

...it could show:

Jerry Barnes
· Juicy - s/t (1981) - (0)
· Juicy - It Takes Two (1985) - (0)
Yep
Kevin
6 days ago
Sep 13, 2024 - 6:36pm
Got it. Done.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com