Forums / Feature Request / [ ] wiki artist missing in sea...

[ ] wiki artist missing in search

bgzimmer · 2 replies

[ ] wiki artist missing in search
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Feb 12, 2023 - 2:02pm
Searching on Matthew Cooper reveals the (UK) one on a queued release but not the (US) one:

[bandtoband.com] on
[bandtoband.com] (Inventions, s/t)

I'm thinking this may be because the Inventions release was previously orphaned/sandboxed. Now that it connects to the db via Mark Smith (US 5) on Explosions In The Sky releases, Smith appears in searches, though his member links for Inventions don't display in the EIST wiki entries.

[bandtoband.com]
···
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Feb 14, 2023 - 1:48pm
As Bloopy points out, the non-display of sandboxed artists leads to various weird results (even apparently when they become unsandboxed?).

[bandtoband.com]
···
bgzimmer
9 hours ago
Apr 26, 2024 - 8:40am
The problem with sandboxing and missing search results extends to band names, too. I had a sandboxed entry for Chain Reaction (UK), which didn't show up in searches until I added an unsandboxed entry for the band.

In Bloopy's comment in Complete Shambles linked above, he noted that sandboxed artists with suffixes still show up when you try to edit an artist with a different suffix. That's handy, but the trick doesn't work with band names -- there's no list of other suffixes when I go to edit, say, Chain Reaction (CA).

[bandtoband.com]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005