Forums / Feature Request / ... so who's actually *in* the...

... so who's actually *in* the band ...?

Matt Westwood · 4 replies

... so who's actually *in* the band ...?
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Jun 4, 2005 - 5:43pm
Often when tracking links, you need to know what album a particular performer is on in order to follow him/her up. Now if a band's done the thick end of half-a-hundred albums (Sabbaff being the main offenders here), it's a nightmare trying to work out on which album a particular member played. Would it be possible to provide a list of all the people who have been in the band (with links) on the same page that displays all the albums they've ever done?
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Jun 4, 2005 - 6:46pm
Kind of like bnrmetal.com does, where they list all the albums with members on each, but above everything they list all the members of the band, grouped by "current members" versus "former members"? (Probably we wouldn't want the current-vs.former distinction here)
Tracking
Kevin
18 years ago
Jun 4, 2005 - 6:54pm
Matt,

I'm trying to get a feel for what you're looking for but for some reason it seems to me that if you're trying to find out what album a member played on, can't you just do a search on that particular artist? What is the research process you're going through that makes it tough to get the info you need. I understand the BNR metal page analogy but I'm trying to think of how to possibly replicate that style page without having massively rudundant pages all over the place.

Kevin
···
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Jun 5, 2005 - 9:48am
Like, for example, looking at the tree and saying: "Who *is* the link between Black Sabbath and Uriah Heep?" Eventually, by clicking on Abominog (it's just too much like hard work to click on the Sabs LPs) you find it's Bob Daisley, and it's: "Good grief, did he *really* play for Sabbath?" And so on - I confess I never took Sabs seriously after the Reading '83 gig, had other things to do, so I completely missed that LP.

As I say, a list of all the members of a band would ease this ... but whatever, it was a suggestion only ...
I See
Kevin
18 years ago
Jun 6, 2005 - 12:10am
Okay, I think I get it, one place to see everyone who was ever in the band. Fair enough. I've actually been working on a page that will display a chornological history of a band will full line-ups for each release which when completed and online should handle this sort of situation for you. No promises as to when that will get done but it's coming.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005