Forums / Feature Request / Opinions: MySpace Plug-In

Opinions: MySpace Plug-In

Kevin · 11 replies

Opinions: MySpace Plug-In
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 1:42am
Over the Holidays I've been working on a new feature for B2B, a plug-in for MySpace where bands can paste in a small B2B family tree into their particular band page.

There are still some technical details I'm working out but I've got it working in just about every browser except for IE 6 in Windows which pushes a pixel out of place. Since MySpace controls the layout parameters on their own site, this is about as good as I can get. Here is an example:

The B2B download page:
[bandtoband.com]

MySpace page (Mark's "side project" from college):
[www.myspace.com]

I think this could be a good addition to get more people noticing B2B and a nice extension for bands' MySpace pages. Suggestions are welcome.

Kevin
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 4:23am
Not sure if this is related or not, but the family trees are messed up in Firefox. They are now in a bigger font, and it messes up the tree. Makes it hard to read.
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 4:33am
So wait, how do i actually get something other than Bad Religion?
Shot
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 4:55am
Can you send me a screen shot of the messed up font size? I've been tweaking with the layout of the trees to optimize code size and might have jumbled the font although I can't replicate the problem myself. You might want to try and clearing your cache too to make sure your browser has the lastest CSS layout file in cache just in case.

As for the Bad Relgion tree, I'm just using them as a default band right now. After some more issues I need to resolve I'll open it up for any band.

Kevin
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 5:09am
Yeah, ok. I cleared the cache and it looks good now. Thanks.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 10:49pm
I think it looks awesome. Nice job, Kevin.
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 2, 2007 - 11:29pm
Looks good. I used it here -
[www.myspace.com]

There is an issue down at the bottom of the tree. I have no idea what the problem is, or if it is a problem on all of them.
Whoa
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 3, 2007 - 12:32am
There is definitely something going wrong. I'm looking into it. A working example from my friend:
[www.myspace.com]

Kevin
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jan 3, 2007 - 12:35am
I'm confused. Is the Holy Roman Empire page supposed to be not working too at the bottom link for the b2b thing? It looks fine to me.
Fixed
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 3, 2007 - 12:52am
Scott:
I've fixed the bug. Sorry about that but it's good the bugs are popping up now before a bunch of people find out about it. Go ahead and cut and paste the new code over the old code into your MySpace page and everything should be cleared up.

Paper:
The Holy Roman page should be working just fine, I meant to say that it was a working version out there.

Let me know if any more issues creep up.

Kevin
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 3, 2007 - 1:26am
Sweet, looks correct now.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jan 3, 2007 - 1:28am
Ah, okay. I was a bit confused.

I will spread the word around to any band I'm friends with someone in to use the plug-in if they wish.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005