Forums / Feature Request / Opinions: MySpace Artist Plug-...

Opinions: MySpace Artist Plug-In?

Kevin · 3 replies

Opinions: MySpace Artist Plug-In?
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 4, 2007 - 6:38am
What do you guys think about also making a plug-in for artists and their family trees? It would be the artist's name where the originating band would be with the bands they played in as the 1st degree, followed by one more level of bands. I'm a bit up in the air about it myself. I certainly would like the additional B2B exposure and as there are far more artists out there than number of bands the number of possible family trees circulating goes up tremendously but is that overkill?

Kevin
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Jan 4, 2007 - 7:35am
While we here understand the technicalities of why it happens - you would presumably need to lose the connectivity issue that leads to seemingly incorrect closeness by one degree (eg Brian Eno appears to be an ex-member of Talking Heads) before that happens? If so - could that roll out here?
Touché
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 4, 2007 - 5:25pm
Ah, excellent point. My arch nemesis, the non-connectivity collaborations in family trees, has struck again. It looks like it's time for me to take up the fight once more. Mmmm, the fun is palpable.

Kevin
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Jan 4, 2007 - 5:59pm
The amount of work is a little scary (although could presumably be automated) but the solution is that connective collabs would no longer exist but we would recognise the collaboration as a single entity with its own single, distinct name comprised of its element. Personally, I'd think that would be a huge step forward for the database.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005