Forums / Feature Request / Membership years

Membership years

misterpomp · 4 replies

Membership years
misterpomp
17 years ago
Sep 17, 2006 - 9:20pm
A bad idea IMHO as we are currently set up . It makes it look like (for example) Bob Steffan was a member of Quiet Riot in 2005. Which is about 25 years late I think. The previous way of showing might have implied membership at the date but only implied it - it would have been obvious by looking that these were release dates. The new styles adds nothing for me, while very definitely looking like duff info is being given.
Cue next task ..... insertion of 'year recorded' to all albums!!
···
Matt Westwood
17 years ago
Sep 18, 2006 - 4:56am
Oh please please *please* - come on, we only have a mere sixteen thousand albums to add this info for, it should only take a day or two ...
I Don't Want To Die
Kevin
17 years ago
Sep 22, 2006 - 2:28am
I think I'd have a heart attack if we started going back and trying to add recording dates for every album, although all those jazz LPs would be much easier to handle. The primary problem I see with adding recording dates is that the data is simply not available for most albums and without it using that info for other things would be very spotty. Oh man, I could think of ways around it... I'll have to think about it some more.

As for the display years on the Line-up sections, right now I'm neck deep in my research project (which is why I've been missing in action for the last week now) and I find those very useful right now. Once I can come up for air, I'll re-investigate their use but for now they are quite helpful despite the occasional misrepresentation.

Kevin
···
scott
17 years ago
Sep 22, 2006 - 3:28am
Just thought i'd point out that Quiet Riot's local tree currently contains 666 bands.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Oct 3, 2006 - 6:42am
hahaha. That is awesome.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005