Forums / Feature Request / Include a FAQ on this website

Include a FAQ on this website

Iezuz · 22 replies

Include a FAQ on this website
Iezuz
9 years ago
Jun 20, 2015 - 3:26pm
Could you please include a FAQ on how to contribute to this site or include that in the Rules 5.0?

The only thing that indicated to me that somehow, we have to email you a list with albums in some format (or get some kind of wiki forms access) was this thread:
[www.bandtoband.com]
where the last post dates back to 2013.

I think that would facilitate the process for new users.

Sending emails is still the way to go though, isn't it?
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015 - 11:36am
There is actually a Help page which kind of fits what you're suggesting, but I'm not sure if it's currently linked from anywhere:
[www.bandtoband.com]

There also used to be an FAQ, but that was to describe a few of the rules in more detail.

I think another good option is to contribute to the Research section of the forum. It allows the possibility of figuring out connections in a more collaborative way, rather than just sending an email behind the curtain.
···
Iezuz
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015 - 4:16pm
Thanks, Bloopy, that's what I was looking for.
I tried searching the forums, but to no avail and that page isn't linked, it seems. I could find that page now also via a search engine, restricted to this domain.

I have already prepared an email with a few albums (that might be a bit obscure, but are tied to already existing members).
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jun 21, 2015 - 6:56pm
We took that help page down a few years ago when we were working on another way to allow new users to contribute. Iezuz, stay tuned for a more powerful account coming your way.
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jun 22, 2015 - 8:41pm
Iezuz,

Please log out of the forum and then log back in. Then go to to [www.bandtoband.com] (or any other non-forum page). You should then see "Wiki Options" on the right. From there, you will be able to add new albums to the queue and see other albums already in the queue but not yet in the live database. There is a link for instructions on the "Add New Album" tool, but we can also help with questions here too.
···
Iezuz
9 years ago
Jun 23, 2015 - 3:13pm
Okay, that's cool, Mark.
However, I've already sent an email and now I see a few albums (Fake Idyll - Therapist; Japanische Kampfhörspiele - Bilder fressen Strom; Kreator - Hordes of Chaos) have already been submitted to the queue by other users (weren't visible to me though before I got wiki access).

Should I rather do nothing or enter the other albums (that I submitted via email) with the "Add New Album" tool?
To me, it's no big deal if you'd just discard the email and I'd copy the content to the form, I'd just like to know.

In the meantime, I'll look if I can find some other connections or albums that aren't in here yet (or queued).
···
scott
9 years ago
Jun 23, 2015 - 4:30pm
Go ahead and enter them in yourself.
···
Mark
9 years ago
Jun 23, 2015 - 6:07pm
I second what Scott said. We've fallen far behind with the email submissions, so the queue is the speedy way to get stuff in.
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Jun 24, 2015 - 12:34am
I made a connection from Japanische Kampfhörspiele to some stuff in Black Mask's queue via the band Phobiatic, but I had to question a bunch of his entries. I'll look at posting some in the easy questions thread.
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Jun 25, 2015 - 1:28am
Can't really find anything about Surface unfortunately, but here's some connections to look at:

The Architectonic Principle Of The Mental Apparatus -> Deadsoil

Flaming Anger -> Night In Gales -> Deadsoil

Deadsoil -> Surface -> End Of Days -> Springwater -> Phobiatic

Just a note: try and state additional sources when you make an album live. It's funny what new info will come to light about an album sometimes!
[www.bandtoband.com]

Anyway, welcome to the utter madness that is BandToBand.
···
Iezuz
9 years ago
Jun 26, 2015 - 12:41pm
I entered JaKa just because I read over at unundeux.de that Klaus Nicodem was playing for Onkel Tom (as a full-time member) and therefore, could not be a full-time member for JaKa's reunion album (appears as guest musician though) and I was pretty sure that Sodom was already in here.
I would normally refrain from entering an album that I do not own a physical copy of, but that Onkel Tom album was an exception.

That hair themed album (which was supposed to be an EP, but they wrote too many songs) is hilarious. The lineup of DÄ has been consistent since their reunion however, so I'm not sure if entering the other new releases are helpful.

Before, they had one other lineup consisting of Bela, Farin, and Sahni (Hans Runge) and one consisting of Bela, Farin and "The Incredible Hagen" (Hagen Liebing), who was NOT considered a member but a hired musician. The reason for that was that as a hired musician, he would get a set salary, but as a member, he would share profits, but also losses. Since he was studying at that time, he decided to be a hired musician, appearing on the releases as "Die Ärzte featuring The Incredible Hagen".
But I do not have any of their albums from before the breakup to back that up.

Currently, I'm planning to add albums for these artists:
Einstürzende Neubauten (Richterskala)
Die Ärzte (after reunion): (auch)
Waltari (YYDDDMSIDC, So Fine!, Big Bang & Space Avenue)
Phillip Boa and the Voodooclub (copperfield, hair)
Quo Vadis CAN (+forever); Quo Vadis PL needs some kind of connection
Vaulting (no connection so far)

Helful links:
[www.bandtoband.com] (list of countries for multiple artists)
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Sep 5, 2015 - 6:04pm
Nothing says welcome to BandToBand quite like leaving most of the new guy's entries to just wallow in the queue forever. 8)
···
Iezuz
9 years ago
Sep 7, 2015 - 10:43pm
Well, it's just 20 of them… that's less than 2766.
Are we really just 24 users who have wiki access (and something queued)?
And is there some way for me to find all the albums I have added so far beside that list of ten on the wiki page?
···
bgzimmer
9 years ago
Sep 10, 2015 - 10:06pm
You can see all the albums you've added to the wiki on the Queue page:

[www.bandtoband.com]
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Sep 10, 2015 - 10:54pm
He means once they go live. I agree it'd be nice to see a longer history of what you've added.
···
Python
9 years ago
Sep 11, 2015 - 2:50pm
To answer your first question: yes, we're the only ones with Wiki access.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005