Forums / Feature Request / [ ] Images, promo images, subs...

[ ] Images, promo images, substandard images, no images

Matt Westwood · 5 replies

[ ] Images, promo images, substandard images, no images
Matt Westwood
13 years ago
Apr 16, 2011 - 7:37am
We have a few entries in the DB with bad images or no images, and we have a lot of entries in the queue which haven't progressed because of the fact that they haven't got images.

In many cases (singles, usually) the only image that can be found is a promo, and the entry sits there and languishes for eternity.

I suggest that another flag be added to the editor: "substandard image" or something. This would be in addition to "image help" which merely requires doctoring with appropriate s/w tools - this indicates that the image found needs to be updated with something better when it comes along.

In that way a) the flow of material through the queue will not be held up, and b) it will then be possible to add a new edit / maintenance tool on top of the current system for "show all covers that need upgrading" or whatever. I remember way back at the start of this site a list of entries for which the image needed to be enhanced in some way, but from what I remember, this was a manual process and I'm not sure it's been maintained.
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Apr 16, 2011 - 12:12pm
so are you suggesting that the 'substandard images' are allowed to go online and can be fixed up later, but 'image help' requests can stay in the queue until someone fixes them up? i like the idea. i'm still waiting for the list live coverless albums to come back, if possible.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Apr 16, 2011 - 12:17pm
It is back.
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Apr 16, 2011 - 12:19pm
i just noticed!! thank you!
···
Matt Westwood
13 years ago
Apr 16, 2011 - 3:30pm
shakinghell: precisely what I mean. Image help is something that is doable now; substandard images is stuff that has to wait for such an image to materialise on the web.
···
shakinghell
12 years ago
Jun 27, 2011 - 2:57am
bumped this as i'm going through the image help queue and this would be handy.
in the meantime i might make some of the older ones live with just a promo image and get admin to manually put them in the 'live images needed' queue if that's possible.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005