Forums / Feature Request / FAQ 6 inspires me to ask ...

FAQ 6 inspires me to ask ...

Matt Westwood · 3 replies

FAQ 6 inspires me to ask ...
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Aug 21, 2005 - 9:20am
Can we have somewhere the different album covers that an album was released with? Perhaps with dates that these covers emerged? Since you're (behind the scenes) adding label info, you're probably already not too far off a position to add this stuff to the bd. The question would be if and how this would be presented.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Aug 21, 2005 - 4:59pm
I think the relevant dates are too hard to deal with, but I wouldn't mind seeing all the known covers for a particular release appear (original first) when that release is clicked on.

I'm always wary about things that add yet more time and trouble to the process of getting an album into the database or reviewing it.
covers
Mark
18 years ago
Aug 25, 2005 - 3:59am
Kevin and I talked about this a few months ago. At first it seemed like a fun idea, but then we abandoned it for a few reasons, none of which spring to mind right now. I do recall that we were concerned about how to keep all the different covers in the proper release order and how to display them all. This album was both a tormentor and a source of inspiration:

[www.led-zeppelin.com]
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Aug 25, 2005 - 5:21am
Rammstein's Sehnsucht was also released simultaneously with many different covers, as far as I'm aware.

I just don't see this sort of cataloguing begin practical on a site this size. When running a fan site about a single band, it's possible to collect and display this sort of information, but it just doesn't scale to thousands of bands and albums.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005