Forums / Feature Request / Cover Trouble

Cover Trouble

Kevin ยท 3 replies

Cover Trouble
Kevin
1 year ago
Nov 3, 2022 - 8:42pm
I went for a deep dive into redoing how smaller versions of cover images are auto-generated. After a long grind I did a bunch of changes only to find out that the server software responsible for constructing the images isn't work as it should be.

I can use the same software on my local machine and run the image generation process and it works fine but the server software version isn't doing it.

Currently I'm displaying all master cover images, which is not ideal, but I've got to steel myself to figure out how to fix the server software. Ugh. Oh well.

Kevin
Semi-Progress
Kevin
1 year ago
Nov 9, 2022 - 10:08am
I've debugged the issue where covers were being turned into black boxes at certain resizes but I've just found another issue that I haven't seen before with transparent images. I've got to step back and try and figure out what's going on with these new images. So I guess there's some semi-progress?

I'll keep trying.

Kevin
I Think I've Got It
Kevin
1 year ago
Nov 10, 2022 - 11:29am
I think I've manage to fix all the issues with the system identifying and building various album cover image sizes based on the master image. I've fired off the program to generate 150k images that need to get built so it's going to be a while before it's done (ie 24 hours).

You shouldn't even be able to tell the difference other than faster band/artist page loads once it's done, but once this issue is out of the way I can start focusing on wiki album images, evidence, etc. It'll be a nice piece of the puzzle to have gotten into place.

Kevin
Still Deep
Kevin
1 year ago
Nov 21, 2022 - 3:37pm
I'm still deep in the bowels of the code trying to get image cover uploads working properly. This was the biggest hurdle to getting the site online and why I wasn't putting it up earlier. I'm most of the way through it now (hopefully) which will grant the ability to replace existing live albums' covers to higher resolution versions if available. From there it'll unlock the ability to get the wiki albums' covers in place, evidence, etc.

I'll try to keep you guys up to date with progress when I get the features up and running.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005