Forums / Feature Request / Call For Help form

Call For Help form

shakinghell · 1 reply

Call For Help form
shakinghell
12 years ago
Nov 22, 2011 - 11:11am
i'm a bit behind with the helping hand emails at the moment due to a full-time work placement for university but should be able to get back on top of it next week.

one thing that would make things marginally easier is to create an online form for helping hands to fill out. this could consist of a number of fields (band name, album title etc) and the data could be sent to the help@bandtoband.com email address.

having a form might reduce the (albeit small) number of emails we get that say simply Person X was in Band Y.
having 'album title' as a mandatory field will help deal with users who skip over all of the rules and don't really pay attention to what the site is about.

there would need to still be something down the bottom like 'for more general submission/enquiries email help@bandtoband.com'.

obviously, there would need to be a captcha so that the email address didn't get spammed by bots. still, a problem might be that if the site has made any enemies, it would be pretty easy for someone to put in a fake email address and manually spam us, though i don't know why they would. on the other hand, it might encourage anonymous tip-offs as to band membership details.
another drawback would be if users could only submit one album at a time, especially if multiple albums had the same personnel. on the other hand, i think a form would encourage more input from helping hands as its a bit more immediate than having to navigate to your email site and sending an email from there.
···
Python
12 years ago
Nov 22, 2011 - 11:27am
I like the idea of more user interaction. I've probably mentioned this a few times in the past couple of years but a per-album FAQ page would greatly improve the user experience of this site.

E.g. some visitors probably don't take this site seriously when they see Duane Allman missing from Derek And The Dominos. A FAQ on that album page explaining why he's missing might just prove them how much attention we pay to detail.

A submission form for questions or suggestions could also be very useful to get rid of some errors that might have slipped into the live database.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005