Forums / Feature Request / Artist Statistics

Artist Statistics

TheJoe · 7 replies

Artist Statistics
TheJoe
17 years ago
Mar 20, 2007 - 5:45am
I don't know if I missed this statistic somewhere, and I did look, but it would be interesting to know which artist has been in the MOST bands (or on most albums). Maybe which artist is connected to the most bands.
Also, are you running this show for free? I see no ads...
Stats
Kevin
17 years ago
Mar 22, 2007 - 8:57pm
We do have the basic Stats page:
[bandtoband.com]

which puts Hugh Hopper at the top (and almost unassailable position) of being in the most bands. As for the a stat for most albums, while seemingly easy to do, it is somewhat misleading as we don't have full discographies for some bands while having an excessive number of records for others (see the Beatles). While someone like Hugh Hopper may have played on more original recordings that John Lennon (just a guess), as basic counting statistic will have Lennon blowing Hopper out of the water.

If there are other global stats you'd like to see, just let us know and I'll see what I can do. As for ads, there were a few up on the site a while back but making a tiny amount of money from Google's seeming irrelevant ads (Bon Jovi tour tickets on some random band page?) didn't appear worth it. For that reason, this is just a labor of love these days.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
17 years ago
Mar 23, 2007 - 12:58am
I don't think Hugh Hopper's mark of 26 is so unassailable. William Parker is at 24 bands with several more in the queue.
Hopper's not finished yet
Matt Westwood
16 years ago
May 12, 2007 - 7:21am
There's another few bands in the queue which Hopper's played in, should take him up to over 30.
Hopper vs. Parker
bgzimmer
16 years ago
May 29, 2007 - 3:10am
Parker's at 25 now, with 7 more bands in the queue...
Hopper's been hopped over...
bgzimmer
16 years ago
Feb 12, 2008 - 12:24am
Parker's at 29, Hopper's at 27.
It's not over yet ...
Matt Westwood
16 years ago
Feb 12, 2008 - 6:20am
... there's at least another 6 as yet undocumented bands that Hopper's been in ...
···
bgzimmer
16 years ago
Feb 12, 2008 - 3:47pm
...and another 4 for Parker, which would leave them tied at 33.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005