Forums / Feature Request / [/] another search quirk

[/] another search quirk

bgzimmer · 5 replies

[/] another search quirk
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Jan 22, 2023 - 10:23pm
A search on "Air" doesn't turn up the bands Air (FR) or Air (US), just albums and artist aliases. Likewise "X" misses X (AU) and (US), and "Jet" misses Jet (AU) and (UK).
···
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Jan 22, 2023 - 10:33pm
Meanwhile, typing "Sun" gets the "too short/no results" message, instead of returning Sun (AU 1/2) and (US 1/2). Same deal with "Sky" not returning Sky (US 1/2) and (UK), and "FM" not returning FM (CA) and (UK). (I guess Air/X/Jet are saved from getting this message because they're also albums/artist aliases.)

Related thread:
[bandtoband.com]
Air Fix
Kevin
1 year ago
Jan 30, 2023 - 10:57am
I've got a fix in the system to handle those short string band names that are not being found with their country codes. It'll go up in the next batch of patches.

Right now I'm in a week long battle with queued album images (Amazon AWS doesn't like images being overwritten apparently). Once I have that working, I can push that update along with this search issue all up together.

I've noted the other case-sensitivity search issue. On my list to address.

Kevin
Patch
Kevin
1 year ago
Feb 8, 2023 - 10:33am
The patch to search on 3 letter bands like 'Air' is in. Let me know if there are any more problems.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
1 year ago
Feb 9, 2023 - 10:29am
Seems to be working well for bands that have parentheticals. But now e.g. "Low" won't return the band name, just album titles. (And "low" still doesn't return anything.)

Amusingly enough, "REM" only returns the album of that name by the band Green (who called it that because REM called their album "Green").
Oogh
Kevin
1 year ago
Feb 10, 2023 - 8:25am
Okay, I'll keep chipping away on this one.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005