Forums / Feature Request / Allow replies to announcement...

Allow replies to announcement threads

pkasting · 3 replies

Allow replies to announcement threads
pkasting
18 years ago
May 15, 2005 - 9:29pm
I suggest that you allow us to reply to announcement forum threads (just not start new topics). I wanted to thank you for the "create map" feature but also note that some pages' templates, such as these forum pages or the list of all bands, don't have that box on them.

Also doing inline autocomplete in those boxes would be awesome. I forget the URL for the Google labs page which had Google searching with that feature. It'd be fun (heh) to code.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
May 15, 2005 - 9:33pm
Also if you try to map from "A" to "Z", the result page says "We found A, couldn't find Z, here are some possibilities" but doesn't list any. If you just do a Search Tree for "Z" it comes up with nothing and doesn't claim to have any alternates.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
May 15, 2005 - 9:35pm
Ooh, I found another couple nitpicks too!

If you search for artists that appear on the same album (John Lennon and Yoko Ono, for example), it says "... in 1 steps:" (instead of step), and the album is listed as "featured: [first artist]" but not "featured: [second artist]" as well.
Post Replies
Kevin
18 years ago
May 16, 2005 - 5:43am
I've set the permissions to post replies to the Announcement forums. I knew that there were going to be a number of quirks with the new linking function besides the ones I knew of. I had been working on that for more than a week now (although it's essentially a slight expansion of the original band connection tool, it has been hell to expand its abilities) and I really just wanted to put it online to justify its existence. All good suggestions and I'll start working on fixing up the quirks. Thanks for the observations.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005