Forums / Feature Request / Algolia Search

Algolia Search

Kevin · 2 replies

Algolia Search
Kevin
3 months ago
Jan 20, 2024 - 12:15pm
The site limit for the free tier of the 3rd party search (Algolia) as expired earlier that normal this month. The next couple of weeks will be on the old search as it's way, way too expensive to start paying for search functionality. I need to figure out how to do a localized advanced search package so 3rd parties do not need to be relied upon, but that will take some time.

Kevin
···
Bloopy
3 months ago
Jan 20, 2024 - 5:45pm
Do you have a log of the searches being made so you can see whether it may just be bots wasting the quota?
Unfortunately
Kevin
3 months ago
Jan 22, 2024 - 11:05am
Unfortunately I can tell at present. Algolia, the 3rd party search engine, is a great product but they try an force you off of the free tier an onto their paid plan. We've exceeded their free tier usage (10k actions including search and indexed new data) for the month and they basically shut down my entire access including search logs until next month or I upgrade to their paid version. It's a strong-arm tactic but I understand their strategy. Their paid tier is around $100/month and I really don't want to spend that amount of money on a search engine so I'll have to try coming up with a better solution.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005