Forums / Announcements / Happy Birthday Kevin

Happy Birthday Kevin

Mark · 6 replies

Happy Birthday Kevin
Mark
18 years ago
Jun 17, 2005 - 9:54am
For one day only, I have added a special "album" to the tree to celebrate Kevin's birthday and our 3000th band:

[link expired after one day]

Historical notes: As far as I know, Kevin never has even heard a song by Kiss. Nevertheless, he masterfully applied the Gene Simmons makeup as well as any devoted fan could. And no, that wasn't Halloween--it was actually the day before the U.S. holiday Thanksgiving.

(If the above paragraph doesn't make sense when you click on the link, hit your browser's refresh button.)
···
Mark
16 years ago
Jun 18, 2007 - 2:30am
I had visions of cranking through 40+ additions today to get to band 10,000, but I was out of town until just a few moments ago, so that's out. There's still time for me to say this though: Happy Birthday, old friend.
···
scott
16 years ago
Jun 18, 2007 - 12:54pm
Yeah, happy birthday.

I thought that i could scroll over the link on the newest band entry and it would tell me what # the band was. Pathos says 10276. How do we get the actual #?
Mauro Pawlowski & The Grooms
Matt Westwood
16 years ago
Jun 18, 2007 - 7:48pm
Found it by clicking backward through the "View All Additions" page.
···
scott
16 years ago
Jun 18, 2007 - 7:55pm
Mark made it sound like we weren't there yet.
···
Mark
16 years ago
Jun 19, 2007 - 3:08am
As I type this, we have only 9962 bands in the database, which you can see by looking in the Statistics box. Nation 12 is band number 9962, but Nation 12 has a band ID number of 10279.

Why does the 9962nd band in the database have an ID of 10279?

Every band, album, or artist that enters the database is assigned a unique number, and that unique number is always just one more than the last ID that entered the database. Although we sometimes remove bands or artists (due to shambles of some sort), the database does not recycle used numbers. So here we can see that 317 bands have been deleted so far from the database over the course of the database's existence.
···
Mark
15 years ago
Jun 18, 2008 - 12:11am
A wise friend of mine once said the following:

"You never hear the story of the guy who, on his deathbed, said that he wished he had just put in a few more hours at the office."
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005