Forums / Announcements / Happy 2nd Anniversary

Happy 2nd Anniversary

Kevin · 2 replies

Happy 2nd Anniversary
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 25, 2007 - 8:42pm
Today marks the second full year of the world's exposure to BandToBand and I'd like to think it's a better place because of it. It's worth taking the time at least once a year to thank everyone who played a part in submitting bands, adding albums, discussing the most minute of minutiae, and just about everything else that demonstrates a near inhuman amount of patience in making this site grow.

I distinctly remember being asked when the site first went up how many bands it would be possible to link to and after a moments reflection I though that if we squeezed every demo, every high school act, and exhausted every lead that 5000 would be a reasonable estimate. Well, I was clearly mistaken, and happily so. With 8768 and counting there doesn't seem any end in site which only makes it that much more interesting.

So here's to all the team players, data lords, and innocent bystanders who've helped map the Rock 'N Roll genome.

Kevin

Oh yeah, family trees are now official fixed. A little treat to help celebrate the occasion.
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Jan 25, 2007 - 10:48pm
The new style on collabs is a joy to behold - thanks for that and (nearly - I wasn't quite a founding member) two years of fun...
···
scott
17 years ago
Jan 26, 2007 - 3:21am
Awesome.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005