Forums / Announcements / Couple Of Things

Couple Of Things

Kevin · 5 replies

Couple Of Things
Kevin
16 years ago
Oct 8, 2007 - 6:15am
I'm still way out of it right now as I've moved for about the 4th time in the last month so I'm still having trouble keeping up with every / anything. Sorry about that.

Secondly, for those who care, I'm trying out a new way of rendering albums on band pages as suggested by Python in which the HTML is outputted on a user's browser through a javascript function. So instead of seeing actual HTML in the source where the albums would be there is a javascript function call such as:

band_album( 1, 1012, "s/t", 1981, "<A HREF="/index.php?Page=Search&BandId=1&LineUp=1">A</A>" );

It's an interesting approach which, if implemented site wide to include heavy HTML parts such as family trees, should increase page load time (not to mention decrease server bandwidth usage).

I've implemented it today and thus far it looks like there are no problems however if anything weird pops up let me know. Thanks.

Kevin
···
Matt Westwood
16 years ago
Oct 8, 2007 - 6:20am
"... should increase page load time ..."

is that what you wanted to say?
I Guess Not
Kevin
16 years ago
Oct 9, 2007 - 6:38am
Ah, you got me, "decrease page load time" should be the correct statement. See what happens when I don't have time to work on the site? I lost my edge.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
16 years ago
Oct 9, 2007 - 12:47pm
Are there band pages that already have the new rendering style implemented so we could see the difference?
···
Python
16 years ago
Oct 10, 2007 - 7:54am
This is already in effect for all band pages. So if they still look the same, it should be ok.
Temporary Set-Back
Kevin
16 years ago
Oct 11, 2007 - 6:32pm
I just noticed that the band pages no longer included 'compiliation' or 'soundtrack' under the album title where appropriate. I've switched back to the old / standard version for now until I can get that handled.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005